Hello to all the dreamers, travelers and adventurers!
Some people may think that it’s okay to body shame. I strongly disagree, I hope you do too.
I’m assuming you came here looking for ways you can deal with a body shamer, well my dear dreamer, there are a few.
There are two ways you can go with… you can laugh, ignore it, brush it off and do these things to “deal” with yourself and your emotions:
- Look at yourself in a mirror and with your head held high try to smile.
- Say “I am strong and I’m beautiful, inside and out. I may have/be *insert a random insecurity here* but I have the best *insert an awesome gift that you have* and I’m blessed. That is all that matters. They are probably worse.”
And now you are happy and you’ve prevented a fight.
However, if you want to talk back, here are some things you can say:
- If it bothers you so much don’t look.
- It’s my body and I like it.
- Oh haha you’re just jealous.
- Aw, it’s okay, you don’t have to feel threatened.
- I’d rather be me than you, to be honest.
It all depends on what the comment was… But let me just say, that I don’t endorse violence but sometimes you just need to stand up for yourself and put the shamer back in his or her place. And even if you speak back do the exercise that I mentioned in the mirror where you just smile and be proud of who you are. Because everyone is beautiful, some people just don’t perceive it. And always remember that every chimera can be a reality if you work hard enough. Defy the meaning!